What is Social Business Design Lab?
The Social Business Design Lab is a daylong program for the people who are interested in social business. This Design Lab is structured in a way to train, brainstorm and involve its participants in social business and as well as develop new ideas.
What is Yunus Centre?
The Yunus Centre is the hub of social business activities. Since its inception, the organization has been the one-stop resource center for all social business related activities around the globe. It keeps the spirit of the global social business movement very high through various events, social media, publications, and websites. The Yunus Centre also helps forge lasting, productive relationships among all social business institutions around the world (the "Project"). The Centre is chaired by Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus.
Do I need to register to view the contents of SB Pedia?
No, You can view all content without registering.
Who can register in SB Pedia?
Everybody who has interest in social business!
Do I need to subscribe to use SB Pedia?
No. It’s free for all.
How can I register in Social Business Pedia?
Please, sign up with a valid e-mail choosing a category that fits you. An e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address with an activation link. Please, click the link and set up your profile.
What is Nobin Udyokta (New Entrepreneur)?
Nobin Udyoktas’ are the young entrepreneurs who meet the following requirements:
- The entrepreneur must be a child of a current or past Grameen Bank borrower (with at least 7 years association);
- The age of the entrepreneur must be between 18-35 years;
- They must be Bangladeshi and will be willing to run a business individually or jointly (with no more than five partners).
What is the objective of Social Business Pedia?
There is lots of interest around the world about the concept of Social Business. People want to know what’s going on in social business. So we thought to put everything in together as if everybody can come in and see what’s happening, where is happening, that’s why we created a SOCIAL BUSINESS KNOWLADGE MALL. Where people can come around look around and see what’s happening and we need every body’s participation in it.
What is Social Business (SB) Pedia?
Social Business pedia is the Encyclopedia for Social Business. It is a platform where people around the world can see whatever is happening throughout the world relating to Social Business.
What is social Business?
A social business is a non-dividend company dedicated entirely to achieve a social goal. In social business, the investor gets his/her investment money back over time, but never receives dividend beyond that amount. The sole purpose of the business is to solve a predetermined social problem in a sustainable way.
The 7 principles of Social Business are:
- Business objective will be to overcome poverty, or one or more problems (such as education, health, technology access, and environment) which threaten people and society; not profit maximization.
- Financial and economic sustainability
- Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money
- When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement
- Gender sensitive and environmentally conscious
- Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions
- ...Do it with joy
What is the purpose of Social Business Day?
Social Business Day is organized to discuss and celebrate the groundbreaking idea of social business, a non-dividend company created to solve a social problem.
The objective of this event is to teach people about social business by sharing the experiences of social business entrepreneurs and experts in the field. The event also creates an opportunity for participants to engage in various interactive panel sessions and workshops to broaden their understanding in their specific areas of interest.
Finally our ultimate purpose is to make you join the social business movement to create a world without poverty!