Workshop on Social Business at Dhaka International University on 12th May,2012
We went for a workshop at Dhaka International University today, which started at 10.15 am and ended at 1.30 pm. It was a great success as we got positive response from both students & faculty members who were present during the session. They showed their eagerness to do something for the society & and appreciated the fact that we have chosen their University for creating an alliance with Yunus Centre. The whole workshop has been conducted into 3 sessions and in the same way as we have done so far. More than 200 students were present today & we have collected the social business ideas (on the ongoing social issues of our country) from the students .We also informed the students about Social Business Day and asked the faculty members to create a social club. Furthermore they invited us to a national seminar on “Human Rights Education in Bangladesh”, which will be held on 19th May, 2012. The VC & Dean has appreciated your attempt and encouraged their students to come up with sustainable social ideas.
Special guests who were present:
- Professor Dr. Nurul Momen, Vice Chancellor, DIU
- Dr. S. Quadir Patwari, Chairman, DIU
- Barrister S.H. Patwery, Vice Chairman, DIU
- Md. Rafiqul Islam,Registrar,DIU
Yunus Centre Team members who were present:
- M. F. M Amir Khashru, Social Business Coordinator, YC
- Labib Tarafdar , Assistant Program Officer, YC
- Md. Nazmul Hossain Academia Advisor, YC, Lecturer Department of Marketing , DU
- Fiamma Degl'Innocenti , Intern, YC
- Fariha Tasnim Amani, Intern, YC
- Farzana Afroze Zerin
- Jaker Jahan Shuvro,Intern,YC
Questions that has been raised by the students were:
- Being a student how can we create Social Business partnership with Yunus Centre?
- How can we create a Social Business team?
- How many Social Businesses are there in Bangladesh?
- Is DBL's activities( social) is same as Grameen Bank?
- Is Professor Mohammad Yunus the owner of Grameen Sister Concerns?
- Why everyone choose Grameen Bank as a platform for starting social business?
- How Social Business will be able to sustain when there is competition in the market because of price segmentation?
- Who will provide the Working Capital for doing Social Business? Will Yunus Centre provide it? What will be the scale of the working capital if Yunus Centre provides it?
Event: Yunus Centre Social Business Workshop at Elizabethtown CollegeDate: April 18, 2013Yunus Centre Participants: Mr. Amir Khashru, Mr. Labib Tarafdar, Mr. Tanbirul Islam and Ms. Zeenat IslamVenue: ...
A workshop on “Social Business” at University of Liberal Arts (ULAB) was held on 26th April. The timing of the workshop was from 10.15 am to 1.00 pm. It was organized by the School of Busi...
The program has started at 2.30 pm and around 200 students were present during the seminar and workshop.The program was a great success,students interacted with us during the workshop and they are hap...
After opening the countrywide social business promotional tour by conducting a workshop at the Daffodil International University, the Yunus Centre Social Business team set off to Rajshahi to conduct a...
On 25th of July we had a seminar at Notredam College. we went there with a team of eight members. The whole program was as usual divided into three session.The program started at 11.30 sharp and laste...
We went to Jagannath University with a team of six members from Yunus Centre. I am happy to inform you that our seminar & workshop was again a success. We got huge response as we did from other Un...
A workshop on “Social Business” at Eastern University was held on 25th April. The timing of the workshop was from 3pm till 5pm.It was organized by the School of Business, Eastern Universit...
A workshop on “Social Business” was organized on 28th March, 2012 at DIU auditorium. It was organized by Social Business Cell, Faculty of Business and Economics Center, DIU, in collaborati...
The Social Buisness workshop at the Chittagong University was a great one.It went smoothly and it was jointly organized by the Department of International Relations, University of Chittagong and Yunus...